Followers

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy blingy New Year!

Hello blogworld

And welcome to 2013 at Created by Sarah - hope you all had a fabulous and safe New Year!

To start the new year off with a bang it's a new challenge over at Flat Friends and this time the challenge is to go 'blingy'!  So we'd like to see, along with your Emma Canning digi, any sort of bling - gems, rhinestones, glitter - that sort of thing!

I must admit I do struggle sometimes with bling - it's not that I don't like it, I'm partial to a bit of Glamour Dust on my cards!, but I'm never quite sure whether I've gone OTT, so I tend to play it safe and go for less rather than more.

So here we go, this is my first card of the new year - hope you like!

Front shot:


The arty farty:

Her close up!

I used:

Digi:
Emma Canning: Taylor Bell
coloured with my Promarkers (I've not been brave enough to try the Copics yet!)

Dies:
Nestie scalloped oval
Memory Box for the flourish

Papers:
First Edition - Up, Up and Away

Anything else?
Ribbon and rhinestones from my stuff

There we go, that's me got 2013 of to a flying carding start - lets hope I keep going eh!

See you soon,
Sarah

22 comments:

catherine said...

Happy New Year Sarah and this is just super . A great way to start a new crafting calendar.
Hope you all had a good night and here's to another year of blogging friendships.
x catherine

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Happy New year Sarah. Gorgeous card. Sue x

Sue said...

Happy New Year Sarah!
Your card is gorgeous. I love the pretty image and you have coloured her so beautifully

Hugs Sue xx

Claire said...

This is a lovely card Sarah, great image and layout. Happy New Year! Hugs, Claire x

Chris said...

Happy New Year, Sarah. Lovely card, just the right amount of bling!, and a great start to 2013!
Chris
x

Doreen said...

Happy New Year....your card is gorgeous,love the image and fab layout.xxx

Anne said...

Beautiful, love the Tinkerbell and great colors. :)

Hugs, Anne.

Wendy said...

Happy New Year Sarah! Your card is gorgeous, such a sweet image.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

I adore this card - just the right amount of bling for me - sparkling perfection :-) Beautiful work as always x x x

coops said...

so gorgeous sarah.fab colours and sparkle and i love the image :D
Happy New Year hun.

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Adorable and gorgeous card Sarah.
luv
Debby

Karen Petitt said...

Happy New Year Sarah! Gorgeous card - i love that image, may have to buy it! xx

Sue B said...

Oh this is gorgeous Sarah! what a fab image and you've coloured her beautifully! Love the pretty papers and the gorgeous flourish !! :-)
Happy New Year! I hope it's a good one for you and family !!
Big hugs
Sue xx

scrappymo! said...

Very pretty card and just the right amount of bling!

Missed you in blogland but SWMBO is more impartant...you only have them for such a sort time and when they are grown and out on their own you remember these days!!! Fond, I promise!!!

My room is quite big 12 x 15 I think, but sadly it doesn't have a window. We have a suite for additional income. The suite got the windows instead.
My DH hates my craft room and calls it the dungeon!!! teehee The other side of my room is the laundry room and the suite is on the other side of that. Now that I can hear the buzzer, my laundry is always caught up! now...teehee

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card. Nice colouring.

Hugs Astrid.

Kathy said...

Beautiful! Love the glitzy wings, so pretty. Amazing card Sarah!

Natali said...

So beautiful card with these lovely colours. Sweet image and gorgeous glitter touch.
Hugs
Natali
Happy New Year!!!

Hazel said...

HI Sarah

We do like and I love the 'arty farty' shot too!

Thank you for your support and comments during 2012, they are so very much appreciated and I would like to wish you a HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND CRAFTY NEW YEAR!

I hope you have a great weekend.

Take care

Toodles

Hazel xx

sallysbitz2 said...

This is stunning x

Happy New Year to you too x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Sarah-Jane said...

Happy New Year Sarah!
I've only just got the chance to catch up with my comments, the girls have been keeping me very busy. School starts tomorrow and children's centre groups for my youngest start on Tuesday...I can't wait for things to get back to normal!
Love the card, very pretty with just the right amount of bling.
Sarah-Jane xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hiya, Oh this is so sweet, what a cute card, Hope you had a lovely festive season, Love Hazelxox

Juls said...

very stylish!! hugs Juls